Κυριακή 31 Μαΐου 2015

We are on a spaceship; a beautiful one...





All of humanity now has the option to "make it" successfully and sustainably, by virtue of our having minds, discovering principles and being able to employ these principles to do more with less. If the success or failure of this planet, and of human beings, depended on how I am and what I do, how would I be? 


What would I do? It is not for me to change you. The question is, how can I be of service to you without diminishing your degrees of freedom?


It is now highly feasible to take care of everybody on Earth at a ‘higher standard of living than any have ever known.It no longer has to be you or me. Selfishness is unnecessary and henceforth unrationalizable as mandated by survival.


We are on a spaceship; a beautiful one. It took billions of years to develop. We're not going to get another.  Now, how do we make this spaceship work. You never change things by fighting the existing reality. 




To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. Love is omni-inclusive, progressively exquisite, understanding and compassionately attuned to other than self.


Humanity has the option to become successful on our planet if we reorient world production away from weaponry-- from killingry to livingry. Can we convince humanity in timeWe are prisoners of our own metaphors, metaphorically speaking.


Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering.


R. Buckminster Fuller


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου